2 July 2007

Lou Reed Impact


So many things have been written about the Lou Reed's Berlin show so far. I bought my ticket without knowing what I was about to hear. I trusted my gutt feeling.

Me and my two friends we bought the very last tickets. But we had separated seats.


I was fascinated by the musical environment just before the show began - it is definitely from his meditative new album : a huge transparent curtain hid the stage for a while and beautiful images of a growling river were shown on it. Massive!


And then it all began. What a set! Two hours and I was completely taken away - I just remembered my seat neighbor asking me "Waouw! You came here by yourself?" holding his girlfriend's hand tight -, I forgot about time (which is a big big deal for me), almost space.


It's all about setting a feeling between the stage and the audience. And Lou Reed just made it happen. His unbeatable guitar sound, his unreal strings companions (Steve Hunter, I love you so much!), the smoothness of the young girls' choir, the flute, the violins...


He offered us two come backs and Walk on the Wild Side sounded still the same!

I hope I will soon get to hear such a wonderful live "climat" (in french for... I don't know!), where there is only Life through Music.


Come back soon.. I am going to this concert tonite...

No comments: