17 March 2007

Punk or not Funk?

For many many years - in fact, since i've been listening to Music -, i used to say Punk music and recent French music -oh, and Celtic music, too!, weren't my cup of tea at all.

Recently though, i took this compilation from my beloved library. I chose it because the first track of the first cd was from Pere Ubu, that i adore, especially since the "Stolen Cadillac" track of his last album.

Surprise! I very much enjoyed listening to Cabaret Voltaire, Coil, Television Personalities, the beautiful Pixies and Crass. The sound is so nude, the lyrics are so funny and so scary, it's awesome !!! I am thinking of the extraordinary Crass's "Reality Asylum", it's like a punch in my ears!

Like the French say, Y'a que les imbéciles qui ne changent pas d'avis...

And strangely enough, i was pretty disappointed by this double live album... Nevermind, i know that sooner or later, i will give the old George and his mates another chance...

Later

No comments: