17 April 2007

Hello Alvin!


Before leaving for the week-end to Bloomsburry, i had a wonderful surprise: a great jazz gig at Unesco Fontenoy Room (my, what a name!). Alvin Ailey, in a supershape, gave almost one and a half hour of brilliant jazz, with friends Jesse Davis on the alto saxophone, Dado Moroni on piano and monsieur Pierre Boussaguet on bass.


Of all pieces, i immensely enjoyed Estate, a sugary bossa, Ricorda Me and, my cherry on the cake, the excellent This There from the incredible Cannonball Alderley.

I love it so much when a drummer with the talent of Queen gives me goosebumps and almost makes me dance on the table (it took place in a conference room, remember?). Drum liberates me. This rythmic sweet violence always reminds me how much music is essential to my life...


Later

No comments: