27 July 2007

The Kronos Quartet rocks!


I never went to the Saint-Denis basilica until that night when I attended the KQ concert with a friend of mine.


I heard them before in that magnificent place under the summer stars (see picture above) and I understood suddenly what being open-minded means. These guys are basically interested in the present, and in the music that lives into that present. And I love it, just as much as I love Mozart or Tchaïkovski.


Check out their program: I was astonished by the powerful and bright madness of Felipe Pérez Santiago's Encandilado and Terry Riley's Cadenza on the Night Plain, always perfect and genuine. That electric version of the KQ was a bit frightening at the very begining, but I just decided to let go and everything was just perfect!




See ya

No comments: